News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ on Ebay in Street, Somerset

Started by diapason, July 05, 2011, 03:27:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

diapason

diapason

I have emailed the seller for more information and suggested that she list it on the IBO redundant organs website.

N

jcrouch55

Curious to know what the Viscount box in the middle picture is doing there with Carols for Choirs 2 below it?

diapason

That's one of the things I've asked the seller.  I played a slightly larger G & S in a church at Shipham in Somerset.  It was a very well built instrument with a good tracker action and very satisfying to play.  If I get the chance, I'll try to arrange to look at this one - it's about 25 miles away.

N

David Pinnegar

Hi!

This instrument is interesting as it has clearly been given a facility for a MIDI output and as such the church are most ill-advised to sell it as it's a good deal more versatile than it looks.

The electronics are a Viscount EXL-100 which has been far surpassed by later units . . . but which will combine sympathetically with a pipe organ if used judiciously. Half of the module is redundant on account of the existing pipework but it supplies a Nazard, three rank Mixture and importantly a rather good and exciting Faggotto and Trumpet to the specification and is capable of totally transforming the instrument into being very useful. It could be replaced by Ahlborn units, a Viscount CM100 or even, with greater complexity, a Hauptwerk based extension.

Best wishes

David P

diapason

I just wish I had somewhere to put it  :'(

N

diapason

Here is the reply I've had from the seller.  I've asked her to recheck the height!

Nigel

the electronic box was added to give more variation of sound as the organ has so few stops. In the documents i have the height as 4ft 2in area is approx 5ft by 4ft. thanks for advice i will see to that later.

- suzieatthewhithys

diapason

The seller has now confirmed that the height of the organ is 13".

Nigel

diapason

The sale has ended early as "the item is no longer available".  I hope this means that thery have either found a buyer or have decided to keep the organ in the church.

Nigel