News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

New section for music required?

Started by Holditch, March 19, 2011, 12:52:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Holditch

This post is a request to the moderators of this board to create a new section labelled " Youtube performances ", or maybe even " Organ media "

Basically an area where we can list our favourite videos/audio recordings of organ works and performances. If I have missed an existing area then please let me know, but I couldnt find one

I have a feeling it may be a well populated section of the website. There are so many wonderful performances available on the internet which goes to show what a wonderful tool it can be

Today, I have been listening mostly to

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZ8vA5KC30

Just a suggestion

Marc

Maybe the threads should indicate the composer / variation / organ / organist ??

Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

Barrie Davis

Hi Marc

Thats a very good suggestion, what do you think David??

Barrie

KB7DQH

QuoteToday, I have been listening mostly to

Quotehttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BhZ8vA5KC30

I can "see" why ;) ;D 8) 8) 8)

A great piece of French Romantic  organ music,  ideally suited to the torturing of high-fidelity reproduction equipment, both in terms of frequency response as well as dynamic range! 8) 8) 8) 8)

And as long as you either wear hearing protection or audition at non-damaging to the hearing volume levels ;D one can listen to it for hours on end whilst making critical adjustments or other "A/B" type tests and not get tired of hearing the same piece again and again... and thus torture the equipment without torturing the listener ;D ;D ;D

I wish the person who posted this had more information about it... as did one of the commenting individuals... 

As for creating a board for the presentation and discussion of the "software" side of the King of Instruments... Count me in.   

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

KB7DQH

Elsewhere in the "Miscellaneous and suggestions" board are a post or two which would be appropriate to be included in a new board... and could rightly be moved there once it is established...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

Holditch

Its sounds to me as though it might be from Notre Dame, Paris

but that is just a wild guess as I have been listening to that organ in my car for the last year! The reeds are definitely powerful enough, but no-en-chamade so maybe not

Yes, definitely one to destroy HF drivers, I'm listening through a set of RCF PA speakers so my hearing will go first!

Marc
Dubois is driving me mad! must practice practice practice

Jonathan Lane

It sounds too intimate to be Notre Dame, more like somewhere such as S. Clothilde.

David Pinnegar

Hi!

I'll ask Forum Admin to try to do something later.

Best wishes

David P

organforumadmin

Hi!

Forum Admin's ear has been bent . . . and hopefully the new sections will suffice?

Forum Admin