News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Organ music on radio

Started by Local DJ, November 13, 2011, 08:34:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Linked Events

Local DJ

Includes Haydn Organ Concerto in C 1st movt, Dupre Prelude and Fugue in B, Finale Vierne's 6th Symphony, 2nd and 3rd movts Saint Saens 3rd Symphony + piano, symphonic and choral music.

David Pinnegar

Hi!

I have been quiet this week having been away from a reliable internet connexion but organs turning up on ebay as reported in other threads and worse, a mere organ pipe facade the rest of the instrument having disappeared, demonstrate why our enthusiasm of members on this forum is vital and needs to be infectious.

Full marks therefore in particular to St John Brown who is waving the flag for classical music and organs in the face of philistinism otherwise on local and internet radio . . . He writes:
QuoteThere are some stunning new piano records. Ingrid Fliter playing Beethoven, Benjamin Grosvenor playing Chopin, a short excerpt of Marc Andre Hamelin playing Liszt, and a movement of a mystery piano concerto. Anyone who identifies it correctly will get a copy of my to-be-announced CD of the year. New organ CDs includes pieces by Haydn, Dupre, Vierne, and the last two movements of Saint Saens 3rd (Organ) Symphony. Symphonic music is represented by Bax and Dvorak, and choral music by Gounod

If you live within 5 miles of East Grinstead you can listen on 107.0FM. Further afield on www.meridianfm.com - press the Listen Live button.

Tonight at 8pm

This week I have been working in Malta where the local organ builder Robert Buhagiar www.robertbuhagiar.com is very enthusiastic, and . . . busy. Organs appear to be thriving as are the churches . . . But he says that dangers lurk in this generation. He's not the only person on the island to make the observation. As the current teenagers sink into an increasingly godless world, drugs and other social degradations are coming to the fore.

An island community is often very well worth observing as it provides a microcosm of the macroscosm in which individual causes and effects can be observed, rather a laboratory.

It's for this reason that I will be banging on about the study of the Force of Creation in the Disorder of the Universe that the Bible has been telling us about for thousands of years and that Physicists now are starting to think they understand, and not, and the worth of bring back into education the function of the teachings of the buildings that are the accustomed home of organs. Study of the Neolithic temples on the island is most worthwhile and the conclusions drawn by the author of a book about the temples are along lines of which I have been pondering for a long time, but are particularly relevant to Malta. Neolithic sun and earth mother worship has striking parallels with Roman Catholic Christianity.

If anyone would like to have a read before I get anywhere near any summarisation on the threads you might find the book on Ebay or Amazon. "Malta's Temples - Alignments and Religious Motives" by Klaus Albrecht.

Best wishes

David P