News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

St George and Matthias, Astwood Bank, Redditch

Started by Jonathan Lane, January 26, 2011, 06:25:11 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Lane

Dear All,

I have been asked to post some details of the work we are doing at Astwood Bank in between the rather long hours currently on site.  We are progressing well with the installation.  There is still some material in the workshop, including the rebuilding of the console.  I will post more details as time goes by. 

The opening recital will be on Saturday 30 April, following the dedication on Easter Day.  This is to be given by Andrew Fletcher, Worcester Diocesan Organ Advisor, and a superb player.  Tickets available from me at organbuilder@jonathan-lane.org.uk

A full specification can be found at http://www.organ-builder.co.uk/.

More details to follow shortly.

Jonathan

Barrie Davis

Hi Jonathan

Thank you for this post, I am sure we all look forward to seeing further details about the rebuilding of this instrument.

I am sure the opening recital will be very good as Andrew Fletcher is a excellent player.

Barrie

Jonathan Lane

The frame is now in and the winding system hoes in this week.  More details to follow and I am preparing an online photo gallery.

Jonathan

Barrie Davis

Thank you Jonathan, an online photo gallery would be excellent, Adrian Lucas did a very good one whilst the Tickell was being built in Worcester.
I think I read somewhere that you are using a Compton console for this organ, is it drawstop or stopkey?

Barrie

Jonathan Lane

Its a drawstop console, but is being heavily modified (tastefully and carefully I hasten to add) to accomodate the increase in number of drawstop knobs.
Jonathan

PBJ

The quicker it is finished the better, I am tired of playing the piano!!!!!

The date of the dedication service has been changed to Sunday 26 June. The bishop of Worcester will be officiating.

Barrie Davis

Great pity its on a Sunday, but Im sure Bishop John will give a good service. I would have liked to have come.

PBJ

The opening recital will NOT be taking place on the 30 April 2011. Unforeseen problems etc.

As soon as a definite date has been arranged further details will be announced on this forum.

Barrie Davis

Sorry to hear this Paul, thankyou for letting us know and we look forward to knowing the new date. These things happen.

Best wishes

Barrie

Jonathan Lane

The new date for the opening recital is Saturday 4 June, which will begin a month of activities celebrating the opening of the organ and the centenary of the nave.  This finishes with the dedication by the Bishop of Worcester on Sunday 26 June, and will include a children's event and choral concert.  More details will be available on our website (www.organ-builder.co.uk) which will be updated in the next few days.

Jonathan

Jonathan Lane

Due to unforeseen problems with the church's electrical system, the opening recital and other June events have been psotponed, more details later.  The dedication will however go ahead on 26 June.

Best wishes,

Jonathan