News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Urgent Help Please

Started by Barrie Davis, January 30, 2011, 11:48:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barrie Davis

My organ has developed runnings all through the Great, the humidifier is working perfectly and the organ builder tells me its because of heat, we have now reduced this down to 15c from 18c.

Paul Carrs recital is next Sunday can anyone help me cure the runnings? I dont really want to bleed the soundboard.

Best wishes

Barrie

David Pinnegar

Hi!

Talking with Barrie yesterday it looks as though temperature variation is likely. Apparently the temperature was raised to 22 degrees (ouch!) for a large funeral . . . I had a bet that the heating might have been off before, causing someone to want to get the place hot before, and this might even have caused condensation on the pipes at the front, especially with the influx of the the humidity of so many people.

So with any luck moving the dehumidifier from the back to the front of the organ might help. One problem with dehumdifiers is that the airstream can be rather narrowly directed.

Although Barrie and I communicated over the phone, I thought it worth posting an answer to this thread to add to expoerience that anyone else is having of this sort of issue . . .

Best wishes

David P

Barrie Davis

Hi

Thank you for the post David.

We normally run the heating in the church at just below 15c all the time throughout the winter, but some one had decided to increase the temperature for the Funeral and forgot to decrease it afterward. Thie would account for the sticking slide on The Positif Stopped Diapason.

Michael Latham is trying to correct the runnings today, the opinion being that the Great action was releathered 12 months ago and this still maybe, fingers crossed ( I do apologise for that as Im not at all a believer in that practice!!) the reason.

Many thanks to David and everyone for their kind help.
I will post the outcome

Barrie

Barrie Davis

Hi

The problem resolved itself after the heating was reduced and Pauls recital went ahead without any strange noises from the organ.
We discovered on Sunday that two pedal notes were off on the Open Wood and that there was a cypher on the pedal Fifteenth, I suspect this has been caused by the heat.
Best wishes

Barrie