News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Viscount Grand Opera

Started by Jonathan Lane, November 30, 2010, 02:10:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Lane

Hi All,

I'm hoping to pick the brains of someone who has had a similar issue.  We have a Viscount Grand Opera and the external speakers have somehow stopped working.  I have checked the usual things including checking on the amplifiers but there does not seem to be anything wrong.  Does anyone have any idea how this has happened and what the remedy might be?

Also, am looking for spare parts for said organ.

Thanks,

Jonathan

David Pinnegar

Hi!

If it has a headphone jack it may be contacts there . . . so plug headphones in and out  . . . Does it have internal speakers that work? Presumably you've checked that there is signal from the amps? Fuses on the amp boards? Power supply?

What sort of spare parts are you looking for?

On the Magic Man thread, there are details of Royston Orme and also Anthony Bogdan comes to mind.

Best wishes

David P

dragonser

Hi,
after searching the web it does seem to have a headphone socket !
I think you might try W.D Greenhill and co for spare parts.
01702 546195   web www.wdgreenhill.com

they are based in  Essex UK.

regards Peter B

Jonathan Lane

I'll try the headphones idea, will post more here when I find out more.   The main spare part we currently need is for the illuminated stopknobs, some of which no longer light.  Ghastly system, I think I prefer any other system than this because they are so hard to use.  Apart from conventional draw stops I believe my favourite is the system used by Compton on their luminous stop knobs! J

David Pinnegar

Quote from: dragonser on November 30, 2010, 12:56:28 PM
I think you might try W.D Greenhill and co for spare parts.
01702 546195   web www.wdgreenhill.com

Hi!

Greenhill are brilliant for service manuals and circuit diagrams.

For stop knob lights you'll probably have to go to Viscount themselves. If it's the lights themselves then that shouldn't be a problem if you can get inside the units, and perhaps you might convert the lot to LEDs

Best wishes

David P

Jonathan Lane

The headphone socket doesn't seem to have any effect, will go inside to have a look.  J

Jonathan Lane

Doesn't appear to be due to headphones socket and I've checked through quite a bit more, time to hand over to the experts, I'm a mere pipe organ builder!

J