News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Firefighters called to free cat from church organ

Started by KB7DQH, March 14, 2012, 01:08:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

KB7DQH

http://www.myrecordjournal.com/wallingford/article_77e62c06-68a6-11e1-b57e-0019bb2963f4.html

QuoteWALLINGFORD, Conneticut, USA — Firefighters were called to a local church Wednesday afternoon after a cat became stuck in its pipe organ.

The call from Christadelphian Chapel on Chapel Street came in just after 5 p.m., according to fire officials. Firefighters were still on scene about 5:30 p.m.

Firefighters later said the cat had been successfully freed from the organ, but they didn't have information Wednesday night on the condition of the cat or the organ.

;D

Eric
KB7DQH

The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."

MusingMuso

I am quite unable to sleep in contemplation of what, precisely, an organ can do to a cat, and what a cat can do to an organ.

I suspect that an organ is in the greatest danger, but I can't quite work out why this should be, but knowing what a small kitten can do to a stair-carpet....... :D

MM

AnOrganCornucopia

I recall being told that, back in the late 1980s, a beautiful black cat liked to come into Saint Mary's Stoke d'Abernon from a neighbouring house to curl up and sleep. She would enter the organ (1975 Frobenius, 2m/16ss) through the Brustwerk expression pedal aperture and would sometimes stay there overnight. One Sunday, during the sermon at the main morning service, the organ started making peculiar noises as the cat pulled down various trackers. The organist had to leap off the bench to prove that it wasn't her... even so, the then vicar refused to believe there was a cat inside the organ and that it wasn't his organist's fault. He got his comeuppance that evening, locking up after Evening Prayer, when, in the dark, a dark, furry shape emerged from the gloom and brushed past him on her way out of the church... apparently he nearly jumped through the roof!