News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

William Allen Chamber Organ

Started by JontyTrain, August 12, 2012, 01:11:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JontyTrain

Dear All

I am raising awareness of our 1794 William Allen chamber organ for which I putting together a Heritage Lottery Fund Bid for £50k. The instrument has lost several of the more exciting stops it should have over the years and we aim to put these back as well as a full overhaul of the soundboards etc.
The historically sensitive restoration has the backing of Jennifer Bate who came and played the organ on 31st July, once the work is undertaken she has expressed an interest in performing a reopening concert. Details will be given when known.
Please show your support in anyway you can.

With best Wishes

Jonathan Edwardes
Churchwarden
St Peters Pilning
South Gloucestershire

Dear all

Further to my post above we now have a "Sponsor a pipe" scheme in operation, with very modest amounts for sponsorship being sought. it is also a way of getting wider audience for the instrument. Prices start at a pocket money friendly £2.50 up to £70 (or more if you wish). In the first instance please email me at churchwardenpilning@gmail.com for more details

Every good wish

Jonathan

Update

To date we have managed to raise just under £4000 but there is still time to give

Thanks

Jonathan

Further update

Please see the attached link to Tim Knight music, he has kindly written a suite for the organ, with inspiration from the likes of Stanley and Woland, it can be played on larger instruments of course with or without pedals. Each copy sold raises money for the appeal and also raises awareness of this little undiscovered gem. http://www.timknightmusic.com/

Jonathan