News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Is it any surprise that the parish wants to get rid of this organ?

Started by David Pinnegar, October 04, 2011, 07:37:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

http://www.pipeorgans.eu/en/pipeorgans/WRK-15-II-P

No reeds. Lots and lots and lots of upperwork . . . might it be surprising that the parish are thinking of commissioning a new organ?

Best wishes

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi

Looks like a pretty typical neo-baroque stop list.  It really depends on what the organ is used for - but, assuming the voicing is OK, it's probably a lot more versatile than it looks, given some lateral thinking in registration.  I would sya that it's a bit young to be replacing a tracker organ (built 1988, so only just over 20 years old).  Maybe things were not thought through properly at the time of building (or perhaps other factors were at work).

Every Blessing

Tony

diapason

Well, it may not be an ideal specification, but I'd be very happy to play it.  Certainly far superior to a toaster.  Unfortunately their idea of a reasonable offer and the state of my overdraft are likely to be at some variance  :'(
N