News:

If you have difficulty registering for an account on the forum please email antespam@gmail.com. In the question regarding the composer use just the surname, not including forenames Charles-Marie.

Main Menu

Very special treat for anyone with £1500

Started by David Pinnegar, October 13, 2011, 12:00:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Pinnegar

Hi!

I've seen on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/140619773526 which I would not use for a multichannel organ but for anyone wanting stereo, you'll be blown away by them . . . and envisage any signal that you put through them as the instruments and musicians themselves.

I suspect that the enclosures may have been made by a contractor for a number of cottage industry manufacturers but they are well made. The units should not be driven full range and for organ use should have a 47uF or 100uF capacitor in series with them. The enclosure cutoff is around 150 Hz or so and failing to insert a capacitor will allow significant doppler distortion to be introduced.

If anyone wants templates for those particular enclosures, I can supply them. They need not be prestige crafted in order to work well but upgrading to DX4s or EX4s has some benefits.

Best wishes,

David P

revtonynewnham

Hi David

I'd be interested to see the plans sometime - no rush - they're far too big for current situation!

Every Blessing

Tony

KB7DQH

Ditto on the plans... I am especially intrigued by the open-baffle  Tractrix...

Eric
KB7DQH
The objective is to reach human immortality—that is, to create things which are necessary to mankind, necessary to the purpose of the existence of mankind, and which have become the fruit that drives the creation of a higher state of mankind than ever existed before."